Tuesday, October 23, 2012

An Odd Space

Hi There! I hope you had a nice weekend and are enjoying the lovely fall weather as much as I am. We’re expecting family this weekend so I’ve been doing my usual feathering of the nest. Funny how the small projects left on the backburner suddenly jump out and scream for attention when company is coming. First on the chopping block is the entryway, a.k.a. dumping ground. This room has always been troublesome. First off, it’s oddly shaped. It has one diagonal wall where the garage is attached which makes furniture placement quite the challenge. It also has 4 doors/entryways, so it needs to be set up in a way that allows for good “flow” from room to room. Third, it has two baseboard heating units on the two walls, thus a 4 to 5 inch gap is made if furniture is pushed up against it. Lastly, there is a breakfast bar/half wall that divides this space from the kitchen. Like I said, it’s odd. Since we’ve lived here, it’s also worn many “hats.” It was at first, an open empty space. Then it was an office space, and then a dining area…none has really fit the bill. If you have a space like this at home, and have found a good solution, I’m all ears! In the meantime, I’ve got my work cut out for me. This is what the room looked like just yesterday:



Here’s hoping that I will get it in ship shape by the end of the week! Thanks for stopping in...

No comments:

Post a Comment